Sunday 3 February 2013

My Week #1

Now I'm sure most of you have already heard about this through Philofaxy, but I was a little late to the party so I'm starting 4 weeks in! Yes, I'm doing Paper Lovestory's 'my week' blog post train!

For those who haven't seen it, reading this blog post will explain it a little better than I can. And onto my first week!

























Ok, so right at the top on the Monday header I have my budget aim for the week - this will probably stay pretty static but may change if and when I find some money! This week I aimed for £20 on everything. I did ok until yesterday when I went to go watch the rugby, had a few drinks and ended up going out * embarrassed face*. I'd been working hard all week and just needed to let my hair down! As you can see, that meant that basically nothing I had planned to do on Saturday actually got done... oh well. I had a £10 'emergency' budget fund built in (not written that down because if I do then I'll take advantage of it too much) and so in the end ending the week £12.85 over budget. Not bad, but next week needs to be better! NSD stands for 'no spend day' and means that I didn't buy anything on that day. I am aiming for a lot of these!

I've written in my lectures and commitments at the start of the week so I know where I *must* be at what time. Everything else after that is what I need to do or am attending but don't have to go to (like societies).

Down the side I have my post it notes, these were on the pages but I took them off for easy viewing. The yellow one details items I've bought online and am waiting to arrive, the stripey blue and white one is blog posts I need to write and photograph and the white one is a list of my goals for the coming month. I may have slightly failed on the last one already but I was not completely sober so I guess a little pasta sauce with meat in isn't a massive crime!

I hate how untidy and messy this week is. Next week I'm going to trial new pens and writing in one colour per day/per 'thought' and see if that's neater. I dislike the messy vibe it has going on!

So, how has your week been? Is your planner as messy as mine? Or are you as neat as possible? As many colours as possible or monochrome? Also, what do you think of the new blog layout and design? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment with your thoughts!